LGBTQ fantasy books provide an immersive experience into a world of magic and possibility. Whether you're looking for a thrilling adventure or a beautiful romantic story, there are plenty of books to choose from. To help you find the perfect book, here are the top 10 LGBTQ fantasy books for readers of all ages.
1. The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson: This book follows the story of June Costa, a daring artist who is chosen to be the summer king of a near-future Brazil. When June falls in love with the mysterious Enki, the two must work together to find a way to save their city from destruction.
2. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller: This beautiful retelling of the classic myth of Achilles and Patroclus follows the two lovers through their life-changing journey. With vivid descriptions and a powerful story, this book is perfect for readers who want to experience the magic of ancient Greece.
3. The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth: This novel follows the story of Cameron Post, a teenager who is sent to a gay conversion therapy camp after her parents discover her sexuality. With a powerful and honest voice, readers can explore the struggles of coming out as a teenager.
4. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater: This series follows the story of Blue Sargent, a girl with a mysterious ability to see the future, and her group of friends as they search for a mysterious Welsh king who may or may not be real. With a diverse cast of characters, this series is perfect for fantasy fans who want a unique and thrilling adventure.
5. The Star Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi: This novel follows the story of Maya, an outcast princess in a magical kingdom. When she meets a mysterious stranger, the two of them must find a way to save their kingdom from a deadly curse.
6. Ash by Malinda Lo: This novel is a retelling of the classic Cinderella story in a fantasy world. When Ash falls in love with a mysterious huntress, she must find a way to make her dreams come true without sacrificing her identity.
7. The Gilda Stories by Jewelle Gomez: This novel follows the story of Gilda, a vampire who is forced to flee her home in the 1800s. Through her journey, she discovers the power of love and acceptance and learns to embrace her identity.
8. The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West: This contemporary novel follows the story of Gia, a high school student who desperately wants to fit in. When Gia hires a fill-in boyfriend for a school dance, she learns the importance of being true to herself.
9. The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon: This novel follows the story of Natasha, a Jamaican American teenager who is desperate to save her family from deportation. When she meets Daniel, a Korean American boy, the two of them must find a way to make their love story last.
10. Juliet Takes a Breath by Gabby Rivera: This novel follows the story of Juliet, a Puerto Rican lesbian from the Bronx who moves to Oregon to intern with her idol. With a powerful message of self-love and acceptance, readers can explore the importance of embracing their identity.
No matter what kind of LGBTQA fantasy book you're looking for, these top 10 books are sure to provide an immersive and unique experience. So pick up one of these books today and get lost in a world of magic and possibility.